Wednesday 11 June 2014

Product Review: Garnier BB Cream

I recently bought the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector in the shade Light/Clair and I thought a review about this product could interest you!


What it claims... On the packaging it says that it evens out your complexion, provides a healthy glow, gives a dazzling, radiant complexion, helps conceal redness, moisturises and leaves the skin feeling instantly smooth. That's a lot! Let's see if it really does so many wonders...

Why I bought it... Now that we are getting into summer, I wanted to have a light base with SPF in it that would cover my redness but still leave my skin looking natural. That's why I thought about the super hyped BB Creams. 

First impression... A bad one. Seriously! I used my fingers to apply the product and it looked super unnatural, left a tacky feeling and felt very heavy on the skin. You can imagine my disappointment! 

After using it more frequently... I changed the way to apply it and I now use my Sephora Mineral Powder Brush and the result instantly improved. I also learned that I have to let the BB Cream "dry" on my skin before continuing with concealer, blush, bronzer or powder because it sets on the skin and kind of adapts to it. 

Packaging... It comes in a plastic tube which is horrible. The lid nearly broke off after one week! Plus, it gets really messy and dirty and I personally hate it when my make up looks like a mess.

Smell... If you are familiar with the Garnier Skincare Products you'll know how their typical smell (it's like a really strong citric and fresh smell... I am not really good at explaining smells, I am sorry!) Well, the BB Cream smells EXACTLY the same! So if you like it great, but if you can't stand that smell I wouldn't recommend buying it! 

Overall... After getting used to it and really buffing and blending it into my skin, I think it does what it claims. It is quite light and covers my redness, it has SPF in it and feels very moisturising. But still, I don't think I'll repurchase it because of my bad first impression... And it is definitely not so easy to use because of the whole working-it-into-the-skin process in order to make it look super natural.


That's it for today! I would love to hear your thoughts on the BB Cream!

Have a nice day sweeties,

M.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I have not tried this bb cream yet, but I really want to! Sounds nice for summer!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! I am having a giveaway on my blog and I would love it, if you would take a look at it, enter and possibly win!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    http://fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contact me on diana.pantel@hotmail.com, to see your email address and answer to you! :)

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't forget you, but I don't have your email adress to send you! As the lighting is concerned, I take my photos in the day, with natural light, near windows or ever outside! Then you can always increase the brightness in Photoshop or any other programme you are using!
    I hope you'll find this helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete