Sunday 26 October 2014

A day in London: Borough Market

Finally a Sunday post again... it has taken me a long long time to get back to the routine (hopefully I can stick to it this time).


Yesterday I visited one of the most famous markets in London, Borough Market, which is next to London Bridge. Even though it is known for having become quite touristy over the last few years due to its ever-growing popularity, it still preserve its original charm. The location is beautiful, as you can see in this picture... The old brick stoned walls, the ceiling with its green and golden details, it all creates an unique atmosphere.




From fruits and vegetables to cheese, meet and pastries, there is something of everything here! I also liked the street food stands, where me and my friend got lunch (yummy spinach and chicken crepe, I want you back), and the fact that you could taste a lot of thinks like honey, olive oil, apple slices was awesome.









And the pumpkins... I got so excited when I saw them, I'm 100% ready for Halloween. 





It was an amazing day and the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning! There are so many markets in London, all of which I would love to visit. So leave me a comment down below which markets you have visited here or in your hometown and what you love about them.


Have a great week,
xx

M.










No comments:

Post a Comment