Sunday 15 February 2015

City Spotlight: Cape Town (and surroundings)

Hey hey, I'm back after my little break! It has been a month now since I came to South Africa and I can't believe how fast time flies. I have discovered and seen some much here and I can tell you, I love this country and totally understand the passion people feel about Cape Town. 

I live in Muizenberg, an amazing little town half an hour from Cape Town away with an amazing beach, cute cafés and it's considered a great surf spot. What more could I ask for?



Under the week I volunteer at a Childcare Center and seeing the kids learn and grow makes me so happy and proud. It's incredible how much these kids smile and are happy despite the circumstances around them and I'll try everything to have a positive effect on them while I'm here




The landscape here is beyond beautiful, no matter where you are you find incredible spots. Here is a minuscule selection of the thousands of pictures I have taken while being here and if you don't fall in love with this place I really don't know what is life anymore. 







I really hope that after my time is over here, I will look back and say: Wow, what an amazing experience. So far I'm learning a lot about this country's culture, other people and myself and my main goal is to keep on helping the kids and be able to see their smile everyday. Even though I came here to volunteer and try to improve their lives, more than often I feel like those kids are improving my life and teaching me how to be happy at any circumstance in life. 

I'll try to not be offline for so long at a time anymore, but internet connection (and time) are rare here. 

I wish you all the best and a great Sunday 

M.




No comments:

Post a Comment