Sunday 7 September 2014

Healthy Breakfast Ideas




Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day, mainly because you can eat looots of sweet things with the excuse of needing "fuel for the day". I'm totally a sweet tooth so you won't see me eating something salty in the mornings. Like never! But I try not to eat Nutella and Chocolate Cornflakes (at least not every morning...) and have a balanced and kind of healthy breakfast.  
So here are three ideas that I very frequently have:

  

This first one consists of one bowl of 0% fat Natural Yogurt with blueberries and raspberries and a little bit too much honey of it. This is so simple, quick and delicious and I could literally eat it all day long (and probably would if my mum didn't tell me not to). I also had one slice of whole wheat bread with honey and some melon on it. This might sound weird but you have to try it, it tastes amazing!

 

The next morning I had some delicious porridge with melon slices and some strawberry jam on top of it to give it more taste. On the side I chopped one banana in slices and sprinkled some honey on it because bananas aren't sweet enough on its own (note the irony there, but I just love how it tastes with honey). Quick tip: Instead of cooking the porridge with milk I prepare it with water, this saves calories and tastes exactly the same!


The third breakfast idea is even more simple than the others. You just take a half of a grapefruit, pour some cereals and milk into a bowl (I used the Jordans Country Crisp with Strawberries, these aren't too high in saturated fats and sugar) and toast some whole wheat bread. I might have added some cheeky peanut butter and jam on it and voilá, you have a delicious, filling and balanced breakfast.

What do you love to eat in the mornings? Let me know in the comments, I'm always on the hunt for new ideas!

I hope you enjoyed these ideas and get some inspiration for your own 'kind-of healthy breakfast'.
With love,
M.



6 comments:

  1. I totally agree that breakfast is so important to skip it! I always feel that after breakfast, I'm more awake and I think clearly in a way! Though sometimes I skip it if I'm going to stay at home, if I have to leave the house, I have to eat something, otherwise my stomach sounds will betray me(it has happened so many times!). Usually I go for yogurt with banana and honey, cereal with milk or toast! Nothing too fancy! I try to avoid croissants, even though I adore them! :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a functional person without breakfast! Croissants with freshly squeezed orange juice... best thing in the world, but I also usually try to avoid them
      Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. I love having breakfast, I love salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salads for lunch is another favourite of mine!

      Delete
  3. I'm such a sucker for peanut butter. i literally have a problem when its in my fridge. a spoon and peanut butter...thats all you need :P

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, I know that problem... too much of an obsession! xx

      Delete