Sunday 28 September 2014

The BAAM lipstick



It happened. Finally. I was craving this lipsticks for months now. For MONTHS! And I never got around buying it. It is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Ping Pong, a bright fuchsia colour with a slight blue undertone. 

So here comes a mini-review:

Let's start with the packaging: Slim, chic, compact, perfect to throw into your hand bag. I also really like the felt-tip applicator, it makes it so easy to apply the product.

The formula is amazing. It's a stain so it is reaaaaally long-lasting, it won't go anywhere unless you decide to take it off (with a lot(!) of makeup remover). First applied it feels very smooth and glides over any imperfections on your lips until it dries down and sets. This is great for people who have chapped lips as this product covers them. 
Another great thing about this is that you don't feel it on your lips and you literally can forget about it without worrying that it smudges or moves around. It also survives drinking and eating (kind of, if you dig into that burger it will come off around the center of your lips). 
The only negative thing I have to say about it is that once taken off, it leaves your lips a bit dry. But come on, it's a stain and it's obvious that this happens. Put on some lip balm and you're good to go.


The colour is definitely something for "brave" people. At first I really struggled with how to wear it because I was concerned about it being too 'BAM in your face'. But the more often you wear it, the less you care. Plus, I think it looks really nice on nearly every skin tone and it makes your teeth look whiter. And we all want that, right? Right.

I bought this in Superdrug, but you can find it in nearly every drugstore that has a beauty department. Its price is around £8.99, which is really good for the quality you get. Superdrug and Boots often have offers and discounts like 'buy one, get the second one half price', so what I did is bring a friend with me and we both bought something from Bourjois. With the offer I got it for only £7! 

So, all in all you notice that I really love this lip stain and I would recommend it to everyone that is looking for a bright colour with long-lasting power. 

Have you ever tried anything from this range? How are the other colours? Tell me your thoughts about it in the comments below!

Lots of love,
M.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried the shade Grand Cru, a deep red! It's a little bit drying as you said, but really long lasting! :)
    Great review Miriam! <3

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to get that one too! It's especially great for autumn now... xx

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing these in store and have looked at them just never bought it….colours look gorgeous though!!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete