Sunday 27 July 2014

4 Shades of Summer






There are four lipsticks I have been loving this summer, all very reddish-berry toned.


The first one is a Clinique Lipstick in the colour Flamenco, a pure red with a velvety finish. It has a slight orange tint to it, which is what makes it so summer appropriate and I usually press it into my lips with my fingers to create a stain and it leaves a beautiful wash of color. Or if I'm going out at night I apply it directly to get a bright red lip, but always keeping in mind that this lipstick is not kiss- or burguer-proof nor does it survive too many drinks. 

The next one is from the Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick Collection and is the same one I featured in my Graduation Makeup. It's the shade 103 and is quite a red pink and has a matte finish. Lovely colour, lovely smell, lovely finish.



The Lipstick next to it is from Sephora (NÂș47) and looks really dark from the outside, but is very sheer when you apply it and you are left with a beautiful berry shade. Only downside: It smells really strong like powder and I find this rather unpleasant. But with time you get used to it...

And finally we have one of the Glam Shine Chubby Sticks from L'Oreal in the colour Fall for Watermelon (cutest name, I loooove watermelon). Perfect day-to-day summer colour, super easy to apply and to throw into your bag and just an all-round winner. As the name says, it's quite glossy which makes it so wearable, so if you're looking for a good drugstore alternative to the Clinique Chubby Sticks this is the one!



Which lipsticks have you been loving lately? I'm in desperate search for some new ones (well, desperate may be a little exaggerated, I really do not need more lipsticks..), so if you could leave some recommendations in the comments down below it would be amazing!

I hope you're all doing well, 
lots of love

M. 

4 comments:

  1. The Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick looks so interesting! If you want a berry choice, Mac's plumful is my favourite! At the moment I'm loving the Bobbi Brown Heather Buff, more on the brown side and Mac's Creme De Nude, a peachy nude colour!

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all of those lipsticks seem gorgeous (I've looked them up in google images hahaha), especially Plumful! lots of kisses :)

      Delete
  2. I love all four shades! Super pretty, wearable, and great for summer.
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are :D thank you for checking out my blog and leaving comments, I really appreciate that! x

      Delete